Philip was born May 12, 1930 in Waterloo, Iowa where he completed
parochial grammar school in 1944, followed by high school
and junior college at St Joseph Minor seminary Westmont IL.
He entered the Franciscan Order July 4, 1950 in Teutopolis
IL as a member of the Sacred Heart Province. He completed
his philosophy studies in Cleveland in 1954, followed by four
years of theology in Teutopolis IL and.was ordained June 24,
1957. He served as assistant novice master, spiritual director
and master of clerics till 1967. He did supplementary study
in clinical psychology at Loyola University and then served
as associate pastor at Our Lady of Angels in Cleveland from
1969-1972 and at Sacred Heart Indianapolis from 1972-1975.
While serving in the Custody of the Holy Land in Jerusalem,
Jaffa and Tiberias from 1975-1986, he also did two years of
supplementary biblical study in Jerusalem. He then transferred
to our Croatian Franciscan Custody in 1986, and served in Medjugorje as
confessor and pilgrim assistant from 1987-2000. Since 2000,
he resided at our St. Anthony Friary in Chicago. Since spring 2011, he is helping at St. Lucy Parish in Troy, MI, where he resides now.